Corporate and Police Spying on Activists
This blog is about my book Secret Manoeuvres in the Dark, events around it and future research.
In this eye-opening, ground-breaking volume Eveline Lubbers opens up a new field of research. A must-read for anyone interested in grey policing, social movements, social reform and corporate intelligence behaviour.
(Gary T. Marx, Author of Undercover: Police Surveillance in America)
The exposure of undercover policeman Mark Kennedy in the eco-activist movement revealed how the state monitors and undermines political activism. This book shows the other grave threat to our political freedoms - undercover activities by corporations.
Secret Manoeuvres in the Dark documents how corporations are halting legitimate action and investigation by activists. Using exclusive access to previously confidential sources, Eveline Lubbers shows how companies such as Nestlé, Shell and McDonald's use covert methods to evade accountability. She argues that corporate intelligence gathering has shifted from being reactive to pro-active, with important implications for democracy itself.
Secret Manoeuvres in the Dark will be vital reading for activists, investigative and citizen journalists, and all who care about freedom and democracy in the 21st century.
In the recent frenzy over media phone hacking, the shadow warriors of corporate espionage have escaped scrutiny, until now. Eveline Lubbers' book shines a timely and sharp light on the dark arts of serving and retired cops, spooks and squaddies who are spying, bugging and lying for big business with impunity.
(Michael Gillard, Journalist, The Sunday Times)
- RT @KrustyAllslopp: This twitter.com/AlastairMorgan… 5 days ago
- RT @onyxkendyl: All iinvolved swapping of Chris body with 77 yr old lady and hiding him in 6 body bags for 11yrs are sick scum! 5 days ago
- RT @onyxkendyl: Nearly 21/2 years ago ipcc investigated Humberside police improper surveillance on me at Chris Inquest still don't know wha… 5 days ago
- RT @BBCNews: British Library will not store Taliban archive over concerns regarding terrorism laws bbc.in/1En6bp7 http://t.co/r66eh… 5 days ago
- RT @leonaa01: Conor Gallagher, co-author of Heavy Radicals, talking with Joey Steele, offers keen insights into how we were... http://t.co/… 6 days ago